The world is changing and we all know.
But the world is changing rapidly, in an extreme pace.
Internet + Social Media + Smartphone + Free-wifi
Back then, if your friend is pregnant (in a good way, after marriage)
If she is your great close friend, you might receive a call from her, hearing her joy and excitement about this great news.
If she is your not so close kind of friend, you might only get to know when you see her with her 4-5 months pregnant mode or already carrying the baby or lucky enough you're invited to the full moon party.
But now you'll know it instantly, when you turn on your FB or Instagram. The amount of likes and comments from your friends will push the post to your feed.
Currently I'm on a business trip with my dad, as I'm working and learning in his business.
So I met his suppliers and listening to their conversation. They are the baby boomers, and it is interesting to hear about their views about life.
Most of them are from the really poor background when they were young but now their life is changed, they are free from worrying about what to eat, where to stay, what to drive and so on.
Sometimes they are worry because they can't make the same amount of money like back then (before 2010) and of course worry about their children's future.
They somewhat know that the future is gonna be tougher, because it's gonna be more competitive as the old industries are mostly monopolized by the giants, new industries only has limited space for the winners. They cannot see the middle ground, like their era you just have work hard so you can be better off something. But they realized nowadays the youngsters do not want to work, and they don't know what to do. The older generation, they eat just to live. This generation, they live to eat, but after eating too much, they find no point to live. Everything seems pointless and purposeless, so some of them committed suicide.
This generation, we are the [i] era, we have much higher self-interested than our parents.
Maybe we never have the feeling of lack of food, lack of finance (if we are more contented), lack of time (we feel it when we need start to do things last minute)
Back then people don't take photo alone, people take photo when they go to amazing place or met memorable people. There is no #selfie
Now as long our little photo in the frame that can hard fit more than 2 person, is liked. Our day can consider productive, or we feel that we've lived through the day.
I feel that we are kinda pathetic, really.
Some people even post photos wishing their Grannies yet their grannies are not on social media, expressing their gratitude and feeling to their grannies but their grannies will never know until they die. So we are expressing gratitude or we are telling people that we are actually a grateful person.
The future is unpredictable, or it can be said predictably scary.
Something I think will happen in the future (or now already) :
1. Lack of Food (due to climate changes too frequently so harvest is bad)
2. Pricey Food (not because of Organic, it is because of labor cost is getting higher, every farmer needs a smartphone and able to pay for internet)
3. Weird Food (Rich people eat meat, Poor people eat bugs and worm)
4. Weapon Legal (As long the insecure rich demands, the greedy governments approve)
5. Capito and Districts (Filthy-Free-Rich vs Slaved-Restless-Poor)
6. E-birth certificate/I.D. (All babies to old people need to be registered online, since photo and thumbprint can be updated through smartphone)
7. One-Currency (Internet Currency)
8. Less Languages (English/Chinese/Translates)
9. Life-E-Tattoo (Your Life on Internet will be permanent and you've no right to remove them)
10. Physical School still exists for the purpose of the future generation learning to Social Face-to-Face
The world seems kinda hopeless, but doesn't mean it has no hope and purpose to live.
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. [Roman12:2]
What the world teaches or encourages you, maybe you really gotta rethink.
This generation actually has greater opportunity to do greater things than ever before!
Only YOU can make the change in this timeline of the history.
Numbers of meaningful things for you to do until you die :
1. Be a healthy (heart, mind and body) individual can impacts family, family impacts society, society impacts country, country impacts the world!
2. Build/Fix a happy family (resolving family conflicts, anchoring it with LOVE)
3. Spend your money as a blessing (branded companies don't need your blessings, but the poor and lack needs)
4. Don't just do charity once a year, do it everyday (think of how can you bless the community in everything you do, by not littering, by not being mean, by not being selfish)
5. Sharing life with your friends (not through updating social media, but talking to them about your life, because life impacts life)
6. Involve in government (not just mere talk, but really serving in the government sector, the future of the country surely need new generations to power it up)
7. Meet new friends from different nations and culture (widening your world)
8. Continue to search about the purpose of your life
If you are reading this and you still wanna do something about your life,
and YOU are the THIS GENERATION because you're still breathing and living this life now.
Always live bigger than yourself,